Sunday, August 16, 2015

"My Kids Say The Darndest Things"


So having a two year old (Soy Bean) and a three year old (Noodle) has its moments of frustration but more than that I find myself laughing at the things they say and do. I know you all know what I am talking about. Do you remember that show on tv with Bill Cosby, which I know was called "Kids Say The Darndest Things", he would gather that kids and just ask them questions and get their candid answers of amazingness. Even Ellen Degeneres does an occasional bit with kids asking them questions and hearing the things that come out of the kids mouths are nothing short of hilarious. There is a sense of innocence and purity but also hilarity and can really turn any bad day into a great one. My children are not exempt from this. The things that they remember, the words they are trying to pronounce for the first time, hearing them repeat words from people that you have no idea where they got it but in a split second you are reminded that you really need to start watching what you are saying more and more. Less of "Oh Sh#T and more "oh poopy".  We are under a microscope people, but with that comes some of the cutest things I have ever heard and today I am going to share a few with you....

1) Respect My Bambis
           Soy Bean is very into Bambis or as you may know them BOUNDARIES. I may have said a time or              two that my kids need to respect my boundaries and stop pushing me. In turn it has become Soy                 Bean's favorite phrase! Everything either starts or ends with, Respect my bambis. "Mom, brudder isn't           respecting my bambis." Or I even hear her telling her animals that they needed to respect her Bambis.           I cant handle how cute she is but I also respect that she is a young lady that is already setting those                 boundaries for herself.

2) My Brain Told Me To
This one comes straight from Noodle (my son). "Son, why are you putting a marshmallow up your nose?
Well mom its because my brain told me too." "Mom no nap for me today. No buddy you need a nap. But mom my brain told me I was ok." At first I was unsure what my kiddo was talking about, and because yes I watch too many documentary and psychological shows I thought, what is going on with my kid, but then I quickly realized it was his new go to excuse for everything. Why he didn't want to eat, or share, or nap, or why putting a marshmallow up his nose was ok, why because his brain told him so. My new comeback is, "well mommy's brain says its not ok," its worked so far.

3) Remember When I Was A Baby?
My day has suddenly become flooded with both kiddos constantly saying, Mom remember this, or Mom remember that, but my favorite is Mom, remember when I was a baby and i farted? Or Mom remember when I was a baby and I slept in a crib? Mom, remember when I was a baby and I couldn't walk and I just cried like this wah wah wah? What makes me laugh most about it is the fact that they are still babies. They aren't teenagers or even pre-teens they are two and three years old and for them to reminisce cracks me up.

4) You Drivin' Me Crazy
This of course is coming from my little Soy Bean, my tiny teenager stuck in a two year old body. She is so free spirited and really just tells you like it is. But right now she is on a kick of making sure everyone knows when they are "drivin her crazy." If I want to change her diaper and ask more than once, I am then driving her crazy. Brother stealing her toys, drives her crazy. And my favorite at times, although not  her Dad's favorite, is when he is looking at her and trying to be super sweet and loving and she will huff and say, you driving me crazy! That is not all, she also says it, you guessed it when I am actually driving the car, mom you are driving me crazy absolutely crazy.

5) I Love You 
I know what you are thinking, that is not silly or the "darndest" thing for a kid to say, I agree but it is the single sweetest and most rewarding thing I have ever heard. When you are sad, or mad, angry or even not feeling well when they come up to you and say, "I Love You," it literally melts everything negative away. Especially when its unprovoked, no one is telling them to say it they are just saying it out of the sweetness of their little hearts. Those teeny tiny little voices uttering the three most fabulous words really can make the world of difference.

Those are some of my favorite phrases my kids utter. I laugh and melt all at once. Its nice to take some time out and appreciate the simple things and for me slowing down and listening to my kids and seeing them grow and learn makes me happy.

-It's Me... Jamie Vee

1 comment: